Friday, August 29, 2014

General Nonsense

What a complete and utter bum I've been. IT'S AUGUST, for crying out loud, and I haven't updated my blog since November of last year? This is embarrassing. However, I can't guilt myself completely because while I have been neglecting An Aesthetic Feast, I've been busying myself with an assortment of other projects, so hopefully those of you who still check this page can give me some understanding on that front.

So, what have I been up to, anyway?

It's been a colourful Summer.

Well, there's xoVain, of course. You can visit my author page here to get caught up on all the things I've been writing about.

Then there's my work on xoJane, who I've been writing for since launch day back in 2011. My newest project over there is heading up the Outfit of the Week column, and I encourage you to check that out. Every Friday afternoon the commenters post their favourite looks they culled together that week, and then I choose my favourites 7 days later, offer shoppable choices, and we just have a general chat about clothes and shopping. It's a lot of fun and a really positive space full of sorts of styles and personalities. I'm really happy to be the "mother hen" of that column, so to speak.

In addition to that, I've been writing here and there at Slice.ca, about beauty. Check out the stories if you'd like. I hope to be contributing there more in the future, I've just been so swamped.

I also headed to New York for a bit in May, and most recently I was in Los Angeles near the end of July. The weather was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and I felt wonderful walking along the shore, staring at the gulls and the palm trees. It was a nice little Summer getaway.

An outfit captured by the lovely Shriya. Vintage everything!

Some photos from the Los Angeles trip: flying over Nevada, Venice Beach, toes in the sand, a seagull on Venice Beach, posing in front of one of the beautiful gardens I passed in Santa Monica (H&M dress, vintage bag and necklace), Venice before sunset.
All right ... I think that's enough updating for now! We're headed into the long weekend and I'm really looking forward to September, my birthday month. Hope you've all been well, and thanks to everyone who still reads this thing!

xoHannah

2 comments:

Robert Kilmer said...

Looking very nice. Pictures are so lovely. Thanks for share your awesome collection.

Children head shot photographers los angeles
Best headshot photographers los angeles
Dance photography los angeles

Unkonwn said...

تلعب شركات تصنيع العبوات الزجاجية دورًا حاسمًا في الصناعات المختلفة في مصر. فهذه العبوات تستخدم في تعبئة وتغليف مجموعة واسعة من المنتجات مثل المشروبات والأدوية والمواد الغذائية والكيماويات. تعتبر العبوات الزجاجية متينة وآمنة للاستخدام، وتساعد في الحفاظ على جودة المنتجات التي تحتوي عليها.